Monday, June 11, 2012

NEW BLOG!  Because of the events that recently occurred and those to come, I have decided it is time to start a blog to reflect and to share what's happening!

This summer has already been a whirlwind!  Starting May 5, I graduated from JMU after four years, with a degree in Interdisciplinary Liberal Studies (IDLS) -- basically Elementary Education.  This time was extremely bittersweet.  It was amazing to celebrate and recognize the accomplishments, but incredibly hard to see this season come to an end.  In a super short summary, college has been an incredible journey for me.  Coming to JMU was literally the best decision, and I praise God for each and every experience.  My freshman year, God took me completely out of my comfort zone, and I was able to truly surrender my heart to the Lord, recognizing Jesus as my Lord and Savior.  I have grown up as a "Christian" my whole life, but living my faith out daily was not something I had experienced.  Here, I've been involved in Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU), where I learned how to have daily quiet times reading His word and listening to God's voice.  I could go on and on about the wonderful ways God spoke through this ministry and the people involved, but I will just say He is amazing! Through this organization, I met my closest friends (and roommates!) who became my support system at JMU.  These girls are kind, compassionate, adventurous, forgiving, understanding, and the most fun-loving Christian women I have ever known!!  We were all involved in a small group Bible study, starting freshman year, and it has been amazing to grow together and to see one another surrender to the Lord.  I praise God daily for them in my life, and I know that this community and friendship is deeper and more beautiful than anything I could have ever imagined.

Graduation was bittersweet because this time and community that we had come to know and love is now changing again.  These girls have truly become my family and support system here, and we know that this is extremely valuable and unique.  While it was an emotional roller coaster and still hard to process, we each have so much to look forward to.  It's a process of surrendering our plans and securities, and trusting God to take us into the unknown once again and show us where the next step might be.


After graduation, I knew that my summer it was going to be different than I had ever experienced before.  I was unable to coach swim team :( because I had to start classes for Graduate school from May 12- June 22.   Between two Grad classes, attending a bridal shower, attending and being part of a wedding, my brother graduating & all of those festivities, I already knew that things would be BUSY through June!! THEN (it only gets better!) -- in July, my mom and I are going on a mission trip to GUATEMALA :) and then taking a family vacation to CALIFORNIA!! TRAVEL SEASON!! As I looked at the events about to unfold, I knew I really had to seek God as my source of love, joy and hope because all other things were going to be constantly changing.  So far, He has blessed me in ways I cannot explain and I already LOVE all of the experiences and adventures!!  I am continually reminded that I cannot do all things on my own, but He strengthens me and fills me up, and I love serving Him!

Just recently, someone else threw a little curveball in my crazy little life -- my boyfriend, Jason, came up to visit JMU this past weekend and TOTALLY SURPRISED me by PROPOSING!! It was so beautiful & absolutely perfect for me :)  He is such an incredibly thoughtful, loving, understanding, passionate man of God, and I cannot wait to start a life together (and to share with everyone what happened!)


No comments:

Post a Comment